- The NSW Government requires that Places of Worship register as a COVIDSafe Business and have a COVIDSafe Plan in place prior to re-opening. The plan must be ready for inspection by NSW Health at all times. We suggest that you start developing a safety plan for each worship centre as soon as possible. Even if you decide not to apply to recommence public worship at this stage, we suggest you start preparing a plan now so that it is ready for when you want to apply to re-open.
- To develop a plan, please read the Grafton Diocese guidance notes(A COVIDSafe Plan for Church Premises below). Then develop your plan using the NSW Template for this purpose as provided below (Template for COVIDSafe Plan for Worship Centres). You do not have to use the Government Template but please make sure you address all the points they want you to cover. The plan must be ready for inspection by NSW Health at all times.
- You need a separate plan for each worship centre. When registering as a COVIDSafe Business, you need to register each worship centre separately (only register centres that are open for Public Worship). See below for Op Shops, Soup Kitchens and Coffee Shops.
- Once your plan is ready, please complete the Re-Opening Application Form below and submit it to the Bishops Registry. You need a separate application form for each worship centre.
- 5. Do not re-open any of your worship centres to the public until your application to re-open is approved
- Once the Bishop (or his delegate) has approved your application to open, you must register as a COVIDSafe Business at this link. Register using the parish’s ABN: https://www.nsw.gov.au/register-your-business-as-covid-safe
- We have been advised by NSW Health that Op Shops now need a COVIDSafe Plan. See the Template below for Retail Outlets. However, you do not need to apply to the Bishop to re-open an Op Shop. This is a local decision. Before reopening, you must register your Op Shop as a COVIDSafe Business (using either the Op Shop’s ABN or the parish’s ABN) at this link: https://www.nsw.gov.au/register-your-business-as-covid-safe
- We have been advised by NSW Health that Soup Kitchens and Coffee Shops need a COVIDSafe Plan. Use the Template for COVIDSafe Plan for Restaurants and Cafes provided below. The decision about re-opening a Soup Kitchen (or similar) is a local one (do not submit an application form). Even if you are providing “take away only” you still need to register and develop a plan. To register your Soup Kitchen or Coffee Shop as a COVIDSafe Business use this link: https://www.nsw.gov.au/register-your-business-as-covid-safe
- Parish Offices and Church Halls are covered by the same COVIDSafe Business registration as the worship centre at the same location. The COVIDSafe Plan for the Worship Centre can cover the Parish Office and Church Hall. However, a template for a COVIDSafe Plan for Halls is provided below should you wish to develop a dedicated one. You do not need to apply to re-open the Parish Office or Church Hall because this is a local decision
Advice on Developing a COVIDSafe Plan
Template for COVIDSafe Plan for Worship Centre
Re-opening Application Form
Attendance Record Sheet
Conditions of Entry COVIDSafe Poster
General COVIDSafe Poster
Incident Notification Form
Template for COVIDSafe Plan for Retail Outlets
Template for COVIDSafe Plan for Food Outlets (Soup Kitchens)
Template for COVIDSafe Plan for Halls